paraknit

Tuesday 22 January 2008

Floods Gone!

The sun actually came out for a while this morning so I was able to get down to our "patch" and photograph the river where it should be. See the photos on 17 Jan to see where it was.



This is a picture of our log cabin, which is alongside the river. I usually have my spinning wheel down there but while there is a threat of flooding I have it in the house. This is where I sleep after finishing a night shift.


The swans came back to see us for their feed of wheat. They have been away during the flooding. They are completely free to come and go but nest in our garden and usually come for food once a day for the rest of the year.

There has been knitting! I managed to finish Clue 1 of Secret of the Stole ii on Saturday but wanted to take the photo outside so had to wait until this morning.

Also finished an alligator scarf from Morehouse Merino. This is scarf number 3 and I have one more on the needles.

As the weather has improved (slightly and probably briefly ) we have decided to go away for a couple of days so I will not be able to start Clue 2 until we get back. I am trying to decide what to take with me. I have a BSJ (Elizabeth Zimmerman) to finish, the scarf, a cotton bedspread and about 4 pairs of socks. I will probably finish the jacket this evening, take the scarf to knit in the car and take the bedspread to knit at the cottage. It is on the sea front at Lynmouth so will sit and watch the sea.

Time to go food shopping for the break, then pack, do some training (trying to lose the winter pounds) and hopefully still have time to knit!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home