paraknit

Monday 28 January 2008

Short Break

This is where I stayed for a couple of days last week. We (my husband and I ! ) decided to leave the floods behind and have a couple of days away in Lynmouth. What we did not realise was that it was spring tides and the wind was behind them and so they were quite high. This property is on the sea front so we had to move our car.


This was the view from the living room and our bedroom which had a balcony. It was great waking up to the sound of the waves crashing over the pier. This empty harbour changed to this ......
We were also lucky to have moonlit nights and then this was the view.
I did spend a lot of time using my camera but I also walked each day and even found time for a little knitting. My friend came to stay with us so I was able to walk and explore with her. Reading about the disastrous flooding of 1952 made our flood seem not so bad. Houses were swept away in that flood and lives were lost.
We explored a little way up the river to Watersmeet and also walked to the Valley of the Rocks. There was so much to see but so little time so I think a re visit will be necessary !
Unfortunately the mess from our flood was still there when I got back and so today was a clear up day. SOTS ii clue is still waiting for me but as it was dry I had to work outside and make the most of the good weather.
Vegetable patch

Bottom of the garden.


At last, some knitting content. Another couple of finished objects. A BSJ from Elizabeth Zimmerman for our next door neighbours baby and a Cicular coat for me. I started this when I was working at the Summer Solstice ceremony last summer at Stonehenge so it is known as my "solstice coat" It was great fun to knit but even after a couple of attempts at the sleeves they are still not quite right.It does fit but I like the top of my sleeves to be a bit looser.
Well, that is about it for today as I really want to get on to clue two of SOTS ii. This time last week clue one was finished and photographed. I am well behind this week and I also have to work on a cotton bedspread that I am doing for a friend. News of that project next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home