paraknit

Monday 10 October 2011

Making Monday

 After many months of neglect I have revisited my blog, inspired by N who can be found here
http://theyarnyard.co.uk/blog/

This photo shows me 'making a mess' last Monday. I took advantage of the fine few days we had last week to tidy the hedge in my garden. Unfortunately, this year, due to several incidents, many things in my life have been neglected. This hedge had grown so big, I needed a chain saw for some bits. One of the trees had died so that was taken out and I have 2 small conifers to go in the gap. One is a Thuga and one is a yew.

After many hours hard work, the garden looked like this the next day. Order was restored once more and I also had time to wash some fleece - the sun went in though and this fleece is now on the floor of my craft room.


This Monday, the weather is not so good so I am having an indoor day. I have made bran loaves - one for this week and one to be put away for when we visit friends next week. Very easy recipe, 1 cup of each of the following , all bran, dried fruit, brown sugar, milk (with an egg in it) SRflour, mix and bake at gas mark 3 for an hour or so.

I managed to pick some sloes while I was in my ambulance sitting waiting for a call last week. We have to sit in the middle of Salisbury Plain and whilst many of my colleagues do not appreciate this, I am more than happy. There are plenty of them this year so I was able to pick them quite quickly. I kept them in the fridge and then today I have put them and some sugar in some gin and now just have to wait for 3 months !



I also made some birthday cards, but they have been put into envelopes ready for sending and I found a place on line that makes calendars from your own photos so I have made some of those and they will be used for presents. There has also been knitting but no photos of that either as it is a very long ongoing project which I have mentioned before. Hopefully it will soon be finished but I have just worked out that the border alone will take 40 hours to knit!

1 Comments:

  • Thanks for the blog post...I love seeing pictures of where my friends live and work. Lots of hard work going on there1

    By Blogger CCK, At Tuesday, October 11, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home