paraknit

Saturday 22 May 2010

Busy

Life has been very busy recently but there has always been time for knitting. I decided to use some of my stash from The Yarn Yard and make a modular jumper. I have 2 of these skeins and 2 other skeins that I thought were of a similar colouring, that is until I wound the skein into a ball! Natalie had hidden some bright yellow in the skein. The picture shows the skein, the ball with a part knitted octagon and a complete octagon. The original pattern uses DK and I am using 4 ply and it is also too small so I have decided to enlarge each module and end up with something that fits.


Here is the first completed octagon but when I pinned it out, it is a bit big so I will make the next one a bit smaller and pull back some of this. I love the swirls of colour that this yarn makes.




Last week it was the smallholders show in Wales and we paid a visit. It was a lot bigger than the first year I visited and I had a lovely time wandering around the animals on show.





Some 'regal' looking llamas



A beautiful ram

An adorable angora goat kid.


Some days before the show we were guests at a wedding and I decided to knit a shawl. Unfortunately the weather was not warm enough for my planned outfit so the shawl did not get worn. We were however going out to dinner on another day so it did get an outing. The original pattern is for a small shawl but I extended each section and used three shades of purple yarn and I am very pleased with the result. I usually end up knitting shawls for other people, but this time I am keeping this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home