paraknit

Sunday 29 November 2009

Not Knitting but........


The rain has kept on and on all day and so I spent the day 'crafting'. Not much knitting progress, just a few rounds on Mieke's gloves and socks but I have been crocheting. I can crochet basic stuff where tension is not an issue and I enjoy making Christmas decorations.


This is a mat which hopefully by 'The Day' will be a set of placemats. Very easy hexagon with a cluster edging. Crocheted with 'peaches and creme' cotton from the USA.






Another hexagon pattern which will become a table decoration and perhaps an afghan if I get hooked and make too many hexagons. I easily become addicted to modular projects and always want to make just one more corner or fill in one more line.




Finally I have been working on the writing of the pattern for this 'chinese lantern' pen or needle holder. Or in fact holder for anything - one year I made loads and put plants in them and gave them as presents.

I was supposed to be working tomorrow but I have been stood down so we are going to friends in Wales and on Tuesday we are going to visit a sort of stately home - will write about it after the visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home