paraknit

Monday 13 October 2008

Off Campervanning.

I have just finished my set of shifts and am not due back at work till Friday, so we are off to mid Wales in the Camper Van.

This is it, on the site where we are going. Rhandirmwyn. (Not sure if the spelling is correct.) This afternoon was spent washing it and filling water tanks. I have also been deciding on 'projects' to take. I have decided on my modular jumper, my toe up socks and some fibre and a spindle.

The campsite has no mobile phone reception or television reception and the forecast is not good so I am looking forward to a 'crafting' time. I have planned a trip on Wednesday though. We are catching the train from Llandovery to Knighton where there is a wool shop. The train trip is supposed to be pretty and my Husband loves trains.

In between jobs this afternoon, I did manage some spindling. I plied some singles that I had spun on my wheel. They were spun straight fom a raw fleece and the result did look like yellow string. I have now skeined it and washed it and it is hanging to dry. It is fluffy and white now - an incredible transformation - but still a bit lumpy. I plan to knit diagonal garter stitch squares with all my trial spinning so I can make a blanket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home