paraknit

Monday 31 March 2008

Mud !





This is a different "take" on The Secret of Bad Nauheim. I am knitting it in some linen thread that I had in my stash and am using it double on size 4.5mm needles. It will then either be a curtain for my front window or a cloth for my dining table. I have repeated the pattern 3 times and will decide on the length as I go along. At the moment I am actually up to date with both the KALS I am doing, but I don't expect that will last long.










We took adavantage of better weather on Friday afternoon and went for a walk along a creek down by the river Severn. We tried to walk at a place called Sand Bay but the wind was so strong we were both "crying". We drove over to the other side out of the wind and found this creek. I assume it will look better when the tide is in!!












This is the remains of a floating jetty that we found. It would have been attached to a pontoon that would have gone up and down with the tide. The MOD own this and we could walk no further.





Another started project! These are socks for cricket. I am knitting a strand of wool with one of cotton so that they are not too hot in the summer. I am knitting them for when I go on tour to the Channel Islands at the beginning of May.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home