paraknit

Monday 3 March 2008

A Finished Item!!


The fourth alligator scarf is finished and this one is for me! The forecast is for it to get colder so I thought I had better get on with it.



Here it is again. Still not an accurate colour but better than the other one. The sun was shining for this one. I have also nearly finished some Serpentine Mitts to go with it. That is tonights project, unless I am tempted to swatch for the next Kal, Secret of Bad Nauheim, using,




This!! Not sure how this will turn out. It is my attempt at dyeing, using Kool Aid. I have used this method before but only on small skeins for socks. It is now wound into balls ready to go. I did not use gloves to carry out the dyeing and last night my hands matched the wool quite well. They are nearly back to normal now.

I have spent some time in the garden today, trimming back some bamboo which overhangs from next door, having a bonfire, re potting a tree fern and looking at the veg garden which is still too wet to dig. Tomorrow we are going to the market at Abergavenny and on to some friends for the afternoon. I expect I will knit on the journey but not the SOTSii, perhaps some socks as I have about 3 which need partners!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home