paraknit

Wednesday 5 March 2008

Views!









These are the views that I had yesterday as I was sitting knitting. We visited friends for the afternoon after going to Abergavenny market. I love the views from their conservatory and could sit there for hours. I made progress on SOTSii, but only a few rows. The market was interesting and we had fantastic roast pork sandwiches for lunch. We also visited a wool shop in Brecon,very small, but absolutely crammed full of wool. I resisted temptation, almost, and only bought 1 ball of blue variegated cotton to knit some bootees for our neighbours son.




I finished these Serpentine Mitts just before we left yesterday morning. I have made some slight alterations to the pattern. I did the palms in stocking stitch and the backs in reverse stocking stitch. I also used double knit wool and made the smallest size. They only took 2 evenings to knit and I wore them yesterday with my alligator scarf.

It is another beautiful, clear,cold day today. I am going to get some washing out on the line first and then maybe some spinning or knitting. Tomorrow hopefully I am having a delivery of muck for the veg garden, it will depend on how the lambing is going on the farm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home