paraknit

Thursday 2 October 2008

Clever - Not !

I thought I would be clever the other day and I downloaded some photos for my blog, saved them in 'drafts' and then thought I would be able to write my blog at work. All seemed well, and I wrote my blog. I tried to save and then post it. The computer froze and then cleared the lot! I had managed to get a print off but as it was several days ago, I think the comments are probably

irrelevant now!


I did decide that we would have a day out in Minehead last Sunday (one week ago now) as the forecast was good. We took our camper van and on the way down I managed to knit another square for my modular jumper. (have actually finished the squares now).This idea is from the book Second Thoughts and is a fun knit. Having finished the squares you pick up stitches and knit 'finishing bits'. I am using wool I found in a charity shop - two huge cones of natural coloured aran.



I also made some progress with my wool from Natalie at 'The Yarn Yard'. This was going to be a sock but it is so pretty I think I will change it into gloves or fingerless mittens. I will make some increases for a thumb gusset and knit the hand and see how I get on.




I have a day off from work today so hope to get some knitting done and also I am expecting a parcel from The Yarn Yard with fibre as well as wool to knit. I have booked myself on a spinning course in November at Wingham Wool and they want me to take examples of my spinning, so I thought I had better have a go at some more fibre. I have been using fibre straight from the fleece but I am not very good yet.


Just going to find my print off to see what else I wrote ............... I described the wool colour and stitch pattern so here goes ............


The wool colour is called 'funghi' so I chose a stitch pattern that I thought looked like little toadstools and the wavy edge of some funghi. A colleague at work decided it looked like 'coral' both in colour and stitch pattern. I think both apply - now just got to find time to finish the item - whatever it turns out to be.


The sun is shining so I had better get dressed and put the washing out and get busy! or just have another quick look at Ravelry .........................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home