paraknit

Thursday 25 September 2008

Busy Day

This is a pile of my 'work socks' which have just been washed. I wear these socks with my uniform on the ambulance much to the amusement of my patients. I am not sure that management are all that keen though!. I tend to knit 4x1 rib in fairly thick wool as I wear boots for work.






This is what I saw when I went across the road outside my house. I rather think this road might be closed soon due to road works.




And this is what I saw when I walked down my garden - or tried to walk down! It is the remains of my son's tree house which he built in our neighbours garden with their son when they were both about 6. They are now 23 and are moving into a house together in London at the weekend. The apple tree that it was built in had some dead branches so we (my husband and me!) pruned the tree and pulled down the tree house. The pile is now reduced to small pieces ready to go in the log burner this winter.
A finshed (or 2 finished) object! These are Viking Socks from http://www.lykkeogloekker.blogspot.com/ knitted in bright orange wool that I got from Natalie at The Yarn Yard. http://theyarnyard.co.uk/In real life they are much brighter than this and I love them. I can now cast on a new pair as I promised myself that I would finish these first. Work tomorrow so need to cast on tonight and get them set up so I can work on them in my down time tomorrow.

1 Comments:

  • I love all of your socks! I wish I lived in a colder climate so I could wear socks like this more often. Though by origin I am from New England where I could, I now live in Maryland where it is not quite cold enough.
    Barbara (bdegar in Ravelry)

    By Blogger Barbara deG, At Sunday, October 05, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home