paraknit

Saturday 20 September 2008

Autumn

I have come to the conclusion that I am an Autumn/winter blogger only. In the summer I spend too much time outside and just do not have time to blog. I have continued to knit, have some finished items but far more started ones! We bought a camper van in the spring so every time I have had a few days off we have 'gone away'! I always take knitting and sewing, some for travelling time and some for 'on scene' time.

Yesterday was a beautiful day (for a change) so we took my mum out for the day. We went to the Cotswold Wildlife Park and this little chap was the first resident that we met.

His pool was being cleaned out so he was wandering around the edge. A very noticeable feature of this park is the minimal fencing enabling good views of everything.



I don't think this owl thought much of my flash which accidently went off.


The gardens were all beautiful. Very exotic and making me very jealous. I am unable to winter many plants in my garden because it often floods.

Now some knitting content. A very poor photo because these were blocking on a multi coloured towel. These are some doilies that I made for a friends birthday. I never know what to get her but she does appreciate hand made gifts. The one with beads on is to put on her milk jug on the table to stop bugs getting in.



These are the start of my Viking Socks which are the September KAL of the Sockamaniac Group. I have got to the heel now, but have gone back to magic loop as I was not sure how to turn the heel of 2 at once. The wool is gorgeous. I got it from Natalie at The Yarn Yard. ( Will learn how to link soon I hope ) I f you have time, visit her shop and blog. Amazing wools and fibres, all hand dyed. Not a good site if you have stash problems ! - I have two more lots to knit up yet and as I belong to 2 of her monthly clubs, more arriving soon.

Must now go and freeze beans - I have a glut of them which I picked when I was sorting out the jungle which used to be a vegetable garden. Night shift tonight and out for lunch tomorrow so not a lot of time for much knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home