paraknit

Sunday 22 November 2009

Sunday !

After a difficult week at work where one of my patients was tasared in the back of the ambulance, frightening me as much as the patient, I am having a 'me' day. The weather is awful, wet and windy so I am having a day pottering around, watching cricket,knitting and spinning.



This is the view from my craft room. The tree opposite is a copper beech and at this time of year it catches the smallest amount of sunlight and shines beautifully. I love all the trees that surround us but at this time of year they become a nuisance as the fallen leaves keep blocking the road drain outside our house and the water runs down the drive and floods our back yard. I spent a whole morning clearing up and a couple of hours later it was just as bad again.


On the knitting front I have -as usual- several projects on the go at once. I am unable to sit and knit at one thing, I have them all surrounding me and I pick up and put down at random intervals. This is a second attempt at a glove - the first was far too small and the stitch pattern does not allow for any 'give'. I am loving knitting it although the fingers are very fiddly.


These are a 'finished' project - quite a rare thing in this house. I started them way back in the summer but they were knitting up too loosely so I frogged and started again. A very simple toe up, gusset heel pattern which knitted up very quickly and could be picked up and put down without losing my place.

This is a project started a couple of years ago !!! It started life as a poncho with sleeves but is now going to be a jumper. I love modular knitting and this has an i cord celtic knot on the plain triangle but I did not like the idea of a poncho. Not sure why I started it really but I think it will work as a jumper - well I hope so - if not it will become and afghan! Watch this space !!

Off to knit and spin and see if England can bat well.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home