paraknit

Tuesday 24 November 2009

Crafts but not Knitting

When I was young and living at home, my father found a lump of stone with some sort of inscription on it. We could work out some of the words but not many and in those days there was no such thing as 'Google'. I don't remember whether it took months or years but eventually we worked out that it was the above poem. I found this X stitch kit and so have made it for my Mother. It was supposed to be her Birthday present but I did not finish it so it is now for her Christmas present. I finished the Xstitch ages ago but hate the back stitch bit so it got left in a bag. Last night I decided I would not go to bed till it was finished and here it is.


This weekend was also an outing for my spinning wheel. I bought this fibre in New Zealand when I went there last spring. It is Ashford's merino/silk blend and is wonderful to spin. I spun 100 gms and got 266 metres from it which is my best effort yet. I think it is destined to become a triangular scarf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home