paraknit

Monday 20 September 2010

Frome Show

No excuses for lack of blogging - I have been enjoying my summer and we have taken every oportunity to go away in the camper van.

I went to The Royal Welsh Show back in July and was very disappointed at the lack of entries in the handicraft section. I decided to start entering my knitting in shows again and start with my local show. I did not get the schedule until August so did not have much time but I entered 7 different classes. I entered a scarf, a shawl, a pair of socks, a bag, a lavender bag (crocheted ! ), a summer top and a baby jacket. I had to burn the midnight oil a couple of nights but finally it was all ready. I could not get to the setting up day so my friend Chris and other half Rog took my items for me.

The day of the Show and I was at home doing some jobs before going for the afternoon and I got a text from my friend to say my socks had won! I was very excited because I nearly didn't enter them as I thought I could see a definite 'ladder' line in the purl stitches. We went to the show and I found I had won 2 firsts, a second and a very highly commended. There were some very high quality items there and I was pleased I had entered and also peased that knitting once again seems to be on the up. I also met some knitters from a local knitting group that I did not know existed so I am now going to join them when I can - shifts do get in the way.




Winning Socks



Baby Jacket



Summer Top
I am in a knitting group on Ravelry which is run by
Natalie http://theyarnyard.co.uk/index.php and one of the things we are doing is a 12 in 12 challenge. We are trying to knit 12 pairs of socks in 12 Months and there are very few rules. Some of the socks must be in YY yarn and the socks must be wholly knitted in the calendar month but they do not have to be a pair . This is my 'pair' for the month of September, a work sock in Regia and a lace sock in Yarn Yard Clan.
The cricket has just started so off to do the ironing and get ready for tonight's shift.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home